Friday 26 February 2010

Ever heard a puppy scream!

Ok so Tuesday was Lara's booster jabs, which she had no problem! I'm sure she didn't even feel it, not a flinch, just sat there and ate the doggy treat that the vet had broken into pieces for her.

Lara has been suffering with some pretty gunky stuff coming from her eyes, so I asked the vet if she could give her something for this yukky problem. Drops.... ok no problem. The first lot of drops went in well. It's not really drops as such, but an ointment that turns to a liquid on contact with the eye. That night, the drops were a little harder to put in, she squirmed, not a huge problem she's quite a squirmy little pup when she puts her mind to it! The follow morning I could just tell she wasn't going to co-operate with the drops. So I asked my son to come and give me a hand. Well, you've never heard anything like it in your life, she squealed! She cried, she tried to bite me!! This cute and wonderfully loving little puppy turned into a viscous little monster!

Brainwave - Get a treat and hold it in the palm of your hand, but hold it quite tight so the best your puppy can actually do is lick it and not eat it. This worked a treat! no screaming, no crying, no trying to bite me! The drops went in nice and easy, and Lara got the treat in the end, everyone happy all round!

The kids are on countdown to walkies! I honestly think this is more exciting for them than Christmas. Tuesday after school is the big outing... over the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment